Seeing first hand the interest in Vision’s offerings in Miami (and following similar events elsewhere) undergirds the thesis that this industry is going to experience rapid growth.
Though it has some of the same challenges as electric cars/trucks do (supply chains, resources, trained people to repair, etc.) the nascent industry for electric boats has already left the starting gate. For several years now, recreational boat rental operations in many parts of the U.S. have offered battery-powered boats; most of these of the smaller/slower variety which are powered by little more than a glorified trolling motor for the most part. It’s been a start: and the demand for this way of enjoying the water in a more climate- conscious fashion.
But more recently, larger, performance-oriented boats and motors have started making some headway. Fairly quickly, the key players of the future are jockeying for position: and an early leader is Quebec, Canada-domiciled Vision Marine.
Having heard of the company a while prior, I was invited to The National Investor – FALL-WINTER, 2022 https://nationalinvestor.com/ 2 meet with them early this year and “kick the propeller” and such at the HUGE Miami International Boat Show (where, just above, you see the company’s Bruce Nurse explaining the workings of Vision’s E- MotionTM 180E big electric outboard motor.) Later, I was able to get a taste of this unit’s performance and watch the sophisticated software, etc., in action also on a pontoon boat outfitted with VMAR’s motor and drive system. I was floored. And I was further heartened after I had arrived home and picked up my own conventional bass boat from my mechanic who had serviced it. It turns out he had some intimate familiarity with VMAR and was himself already a shareholder.
More recent mentions of Vision Marine Technologies new world record:
- Electric Boat With Vision Marine Outboard Motors Hits 109 MPH – Inside EV’s
- Vision Marine Technologies and Shaun Torrente Amp Up the Electric Speed Boat Record – Wave to Wave
- World’s Fastest Electric Boat: Vision Marine’s V32 Can Run at 109 mph, Sets New Record – Tech Times
- Vision Marine Sets the World Speed Record for Electric Boats at 109 MPH – Soundings
- Vision Marine smashes the world record for world’s fastest electric boat – Powerboat World
- Electric boat breaks new speed record at 109 mph with Vision Marine’s new outboard motor – Electrek
- The World’s First 100+ Mph Electric Boat Is Here, Watch the Record-Breaking V32 in Action – Autoevolution
- Premier bateau électrique à 100 mph au monde : Vision Marine bat le record du monde – Marine Industry News
- Vision Marine Sets Electric Speed Record – CleanTechnica
- Electric boat breaks speed record with 109 MPH . track – News7g
- Vision Marine Sets Electric Speed Record – Trend Radars
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST NEWS ON VMAR
Leader in Electric Marine Technology
AS SEEN IN