A market to be conquered
Vision Marine Technologies designed and developed the components of the E-Motion engines and worked with strategic suppliers to have them manufactured, including a 700 volt lithium battery, power plant with potentiometer and charging system.
E-motion motors are not only much quieter and more polluting than heat engines, they are also much more economical to run, although they are 40% more expensive to buy than petrol engines.
“We chose to develop a 180hp engine because that is the average horsepower of the 330,000 outboards sold in the United States in 2020. The industry expects to sell 1.4 million outboard motors in 2025 because boaters no longer want bilge engines that take up a lot of space and are noisier,” stresses the CEO.
More recent mentions of Vision Marine Technologies new world record:
- Electric Boat With Vision Marine Outboard Motors Hits 109 MPH – Inside EV’s
- Vision Marine Technologies and Shaun Torrente Amp Up the Electric Speed Boat Record – Wave to Wave
- World’s Fastest Electric Boat: Vision Marine’s V32 Can Run at 109 mph, Sets New Record – Tech Times
- Vision Marine Sets the World Speed Record for Electric Boats at 109 MPH – Soundings
- Vision Marine smashes the world record for world’s fastest electric boat – Powerboat World
- Electric boat breaks new speed record at 109 mph with Vision Marine’s new outboard motor – Electrek
- The World’s First 100+ Mph Electric Boat Is Here, Watch the Record-Breaking V32 in Action – Autoevolution
- Premier bateau électrique à 100 mph au monde : Vision Marine bat le record du monde – Marine Industry News
- Vision Marine Sets Electric Speed Record – CleanTechnica
- Electric boat breaks speed record with 109 MPH . track – News7g
- Vision Marine Sets Electric Speed Record – Trend Radars
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST NEWS ON VMAR
Leader in Electric Marine Technology
AS SEEN IN