Vision Marine Technologies on the Big Biz Show
THE BIG BIZ SHOW - February 24, 2022 - BUSINESS
Check out this latest Interview of Vision’s CEO Alexandre Mongeon at the Big Biz Show.
We got the opportunity to meet with a really interesting guy and a real company a couple of weeks ago and now we’re gonna start following this company pretty heavily.
Vision Marine Technologies are publicly traded under the stock symbol VMAR. It is the world’s most powerful electric outboard engine. And it’s pretty cool looking too, you have to admit. We are looking at the website visionmarinetechnologies.com.
We became pals with their CEO Alex Mongeon who is the co-founder and CEO.
And here he is, joining us via Zoom
-Alex! Great to see you man, how are you?
-Great seeing you, very good! What about you?
-We are doing good. I got a question for you: I keep on hearing, getting emails, that you just stole the show at the Miami Boat Show, if I’m not mistaken, Miami Boat Show that you took by storm, talk about that.
– It was very great, we had a humongous success with our presentation. We were sea trialing for the 2nd and 3rd time this year with our technology on different types of boats. The OEMs were happy to feel a real electric motor, not a trolling motor and the future is moving that way.
– Well, a trolling motor is something you see around the bay so on and so forth at 6-7 mph so on and so forth. This is a real water ski, wakeboard, racing boat, cigarette boat, fishing boat, some of the most powerful boats on the water, correct?
– Exactly, we were able to push customers and OEMs at 35-40 mph with our boat, we couldn’t go faster than that, it was speed limited where we were. We were also happy to notice that Mercury is coming out with a Mercury 4-5 electric trolling motor. Meaning that the future of the marine outboards is going Electric as well and Mercury is a big player.
– It is interesting that it almost gives you guys validity, when you have a big player like that for the proof of concept right? Doesn’t that bolster your message a little bit?
– Yes it does actually we want those guys to come with something more powerful than what we have so it’s going to be much easier to educate the markets. So that the OEMs and boat manufacturers should push and look into selling their boats with electric motors….
VISION MARINE TECHNOLOGIES - NASDAQ LISTED VMAR
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST NEWS ON VMAR
Leader in Electric Marine Technology
AS SEEN IN